Wednesday 6 April 2011

Air21's Seigle named Player of the Week

Posted by chardyboy on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 0 comments

source: abs-cbnNEWS.com

MANILA, Philippines – Playing a key role in the Express' back-to-back wins over the week, Air21's Danny Seigle reaped the Accel-PBA Press Corps Player of the Week honor.

In a PBA.ph report, Seigle averaged 20.5 points and 12.0 rebounds, throwing in 2.0 blocks, 1.5 assists and 1.0 steal for the period March 28 to April 3.

Seigle credited his award to opportunities that came his way after moving from San Miguel Beer to Air21 early March.

He was exchanged along with Dondon Hontiveros, Dorian Peña and Paul Artadi to Express, for Rabeh Al-Hussaini, Nonoy Baclao and Rey Guevarra.

“It all has to do with getting the time, getting the touches. In San Miguel, I was more of a role player. But I was happy with that role, I mean, backing up JayWash (Washington), giving him a break when he needed it,” the 34-year-old said.

“Here (in Air 21), it’s different. I’m drawn back into a bigger role and it’s not just my scoring. I have to rebound, play defense. It’s been a challenge and I just love going out there and compete. That’s what I love to do,” he said. 

Last Wednesday, Seigle powered Air21 over Meralco with 18 points and 12 rebounds. It was his second double-double after his first record in the 2008-2009 Philippine Cup.

He then contributed 23 points and 12 rebounds in Air21's 108-98 win over Powerade last Sunday.
With the feat, Air21 has boosted its chances for a spot in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup quarterfinals.
The team must defeat Alaska this Wednesday for them to get past the eliminations.

Nevertheless, Seigle vowed that a quarterfinals spot will certainly be achievable for the team.

“I like what I see. The guys are starting to believe in themselves a little more and I think that’s a big thing,” he said. “We’re just gonna battle, our backs to the wall, and we just got to keep playing… do our best.”

Comments
0 Comments

0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply