Saturday, 30 April 2011

Floyd to keep tabs on Pacquiao vs Mosley

Posted by chardyboy on Saturday, April 30, 2011 0 comments


MANILA, Philippines – Despite being inactive from boxing, controversial boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. is expected to keep close tabs on the welterweight title fight between Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao and “Sugar Shane Mosley.

"I'm pretty sure he'll be watching it,” Mayweather’s father, Floyd Sr., told

Floyd Sr. said his son might even opt to watch the fight live at the MGM Grand Arena, which is located in Mayweather’s hometown of Las Vegas.

He, however, said that his son may get too much attention if he shows up to watch the fight.
“He might be there [inside the MGM Grand] but I doubt he will be there though. He'd get into too much trouble up there anyways if he goes to places like that," said Floyd Sr.

Pacquiao, Mayweather’s closest rival in pound-for-pound status, is set to defend his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title against Mosley on May 7 (May 8 in Manila).

Mayweather also took on Mosley in May last year, defeating the aging boxer via unanimous decision.
Despite repeated attempts by fight promoters to pit him against Pacquiao, Mayweather has remained inactive from boxing for nearly a year.

He is also facing legal problems.

He has a pending felony case stemming from a dispute last September with former girlfriend Josie Harris. Mayweather is also accused of poking at the face of a homeowners' association security guard during a scuffle last November over parking tickets.

Despite the hurdles, Floyd Sr. is confident that his son will eventually face Pacquiao in a highly anticipated super fight.

“If you get somebody who wants to fight on the up and up, on the same terms like it's supposed to be, the fight should go on. The fight would have been on,” said Floyd Sr.

“They all know why the fight didn't take off," he added.


0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply