Thursday 5 May 2011

Darchinyan: If No Donaire or Mares, I'll Go To 122 or 126 - boxingscene

Posted by chardyboy on Thursday, May 05, 2011 0 comments

source: By Mark Vester


This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.
IBO bantamweight champion Vic Darchinyan wants to return to the ring as soon as possible. Darchinyan had a very impressive victory two weeks ago when he battered former champion Yonnhy Perez over five rounds. Darchinyan wants to fight Abner Mares or Nonito Donaire next. If he's unable to get a rematch with either man, he's willing to move up to 122 and even to the featherweight limit of 126-pounds.

"I want to come back as soon as possible. I want to fight Abner Mares. I'll fight him tomorrow. If he doesn't want to fight in two or three months, I won't wait for him. I will wait for a few weeks and if no big fight comes, then I'll go up to 122 or even 126," Darchinyan told BoxingScene.com's Luis Sandoval.

Darchinyan lost a close decision to Mares in the first round of Showtime's bantamweight tournament, but he still believes that he's the best fighter in the group.

"You saw what happened in that fight [with Mares]. The referee would not allow me to fight. You saw what happened when Mares and Agbeko fought Yonnhy Perez, and I just demolished him," Darchinyan said.

Comments
0 Comments

0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply