Sunday, 1 May 2011

De La Hoya rips Pacquiao vs Marquez trilogy deal- boxingscene

Posted by chardyboy on Sunday, May 01, 2011 0 comments

source: Miguel Rivera

boxingscene.com


Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya says the trilogy offer to Juan Manuel Marquez shows a level of "disrespect" by Manny Pacquiao and his promoters Top Rank.

Marquez recently received an offer to face Pacquiao for a third time in the fall. The offer is reportedly a guarantee of $5 million dollars plus a pay-per-view percentage. De La Hoya says the offer was made at the wrong time because Pacquiao is facing Shane Mosley on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"For me, [making that offer] shows disrespect to everyone in the press, the people and the fans. Because Pacquiao has a fight with Mosley and what does this tell you? That Pacquiao will defeat Mosley? It's not right. Maybe you wait a little bit, until after the fight and you see what happens because in this sport you never know what will happen." De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya wished Marquez with "all of the luck in the world" but said a trilogy fight would still need Golden Boy's approval.






Comments
0 Comments

0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply