Thursday 7 April 2011

Pacquiao makes time for fans

Posted by chardyboy on Thursday, April 07, 2011 0 comments

source: By Steve Angeles, ABS CBN North America News Bureau

MANILA, Philippines – Manny Pacquiao was greeted by dozens of eager fans after his afternoon training camp on Tuesday.

Despite battling some sickness, the pound-for-pound king had a good second day inside the Wild Card Gym, starting on time and finishing 6 sparring rounds.

"I just finished today, I just sparred 6 rounds with the 2 boxers and doing good," he said. "Maganda naman 'yung condition. May sipon ako. Kunti na lang pero it's getting better... (I'm in good condition. I'm suffering from a cold but I'm getting better)."

"Salamat sa Filipinos na lagi suporta sa akin... I'm so happy dahil napakaraming Pilipino na sumuporta (Thank you to the Filipinos who have always supported me. I'm so happy there's so many Filipinos supporting me)," he added.

Co-trainer Buboy Fernandez said Tuesday's sparring session was an improvement from day one, when they started an a hour late because of jet lag.

"Jet lag? Andoon pa rin. Pero good sparring (We still have jet lag. Nonetheless, our sparring turned out fine)," the trainer explained.

A few dozen fans gathered outside the Wild Card Gym, hoping to catch a glimpse and get autographs of the Pacman.

"'Pag nakikita kong maraming mga fans na pumupunta dito, lalo akong ginaganahan... Inspiration sa 'kin para lalo akong ganahan sa training (Whenever I see fans visiting me here, I get motivated in training. They inspire me to do better in training)," he said.

A tired Pacman enjoyed his regular post-training dinner at a nearby Thai restaurant.

Despite the hard workout, he still had enough energy to stay after his meal and sign autographs for just about every fan that waited for him.

With Team Pacquiao now better adjusted with the US time zone and change in climate, training has been running more smoothly.

Team Pacquiao is confident that the Pacman will be ready come fight night on May 7th.

Comments
0 Comments

0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply